Well, I head back to work in only THREE days- where did my extremely fulfilling, happiness overflowing, bliss-filled three months of maternity leave go? It went too fast, that's all I know. By the time I sorted out all the problems with breastfeeding, mastitis, and WICKED post partum anxiety/depression....POOF! I'm back in the working world again. I guess it isn't necessarily a bad thing though, with Cody on the road all week, being home 24/7 with nobody but a cat and a newborn to talk to has made me a little crazier than usual. I must say, after working labor and delivery for SEVEN years (yes, SEVEN), as much as I THOUGHT I knew about post partum depression, NOTHING prepares you for it......I have TOTALLY changed my view about it, AND the entire birth experience now. For those of you out there who have experienced it- I have a new found PROFOUND respect for you. It has been one of the toughest things I've ever had to tackle. THIS....
is the only thing that has gotten me through- it's amazing how one little smile can completely fix EVERYthing. One more little thing before I go.... this cute little video was Kinder talking to Cody yesterday morning- I had to post it.....cheesy first time mom stuff, I know, but it was cute anyway. She's definately a daddy's girl- he got her first actual laugh this morning before he left :)
3 comments:
Ok, that is totally cute and sweet. She is so adorable and it was a lot of fun to see her on Sunday night. She really is a beautiful baby and it is always fun to see them smile and talk back to you (only at this age, though) when they get a little older...not so cute!!
That was darling. MORE MORE MORE!!! I can't believe how much she has grown in 2 and a half weeks! Despite the loud crying and screams I hear on the phone every now and then, I believe she is one happy girl and will continue to be with Cody at the wheel. Anything for a laugh huh Cod? Good luck going back to work...I think you will be surprised at how much your going to miss her during the day, but it will be great bonding time for her and her grandma! xoxo
That was so cute - what a beautiful baby.
Post a Comment